FIRST DETERMINE YOUR SKIN TONE!
People with deep skin tones like Kerry Washington will usually have dark brown eyes.
• Your skin looks healthiest in brightly hued clothing, like royal purple or green.
• The darker your skin tone is, the easier you can pull off more intense colors on your lips. Plums, reds and deep burgundies look great with your skin.
• The veins on your wrist have a purple tint.
• You can pull off both silver and gold jewelery.
• Warm skin tones like Jennifer Lopez’s are usually accompanied by green, hazel, amber, or warm brown eyes.
• Your skin looks healthiest in off-white or beige shirts.
• Coral, terracotta red, and chocolate brown lipsticks are more flattering than pinks or blue-based reds.
• The veins on your wrist have a greenish tint.
• Gold jewelry looks best on you.
• People with cool skin tones like Amy Adams usually have eyes that are blue, gray, greenish-blue with gray flecks, or a deep brown that borders on black.
• Your skin looks healthiest in pure white shirts.
• Pink or blue-based red lipsticks are more flattering than corals, terracotta reds, and chocolate browns.
• The veins on your wrist have a blue tint.
• Silver jewelry looks best on you.
“The lighter your skin tone, the paler you can go with your hair,” says celebrity colorist Rita Hazan, who works with Jessica Simpson. Warm tones like Michelle Williams’ look best against hues of butterscotch, strawberry blond, and honey. These shades play up the peachiness of your complexion and cast a soft glow on your face. If you have a cool skin tone like January Jones, look for blue-based colors like platinum, flaxen, and champagne blond to flatter your ivory complexion.
XOXO MOD GIRL SARA