Cheesecakes are good, but colorful patriotic cheesecakes are even better! Perfect dessert to take to any barbecue or party. Kids will rave over this and adults will ask how you made it. Try it out! Xoxo Mod Girl Sara !
- For the crust, stir together ingredients with a fork until well combined. Pack crust ingredients into a 9-inch springform pan. Use a small measuring cup to make sure the edges are packed down well.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, then let cool.
- For filling, add cream cheese to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or you can use a hand mixer). Beat until the cream cheese is very soft and fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue to beat on medium speed until completely combined, about three minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, and continue to mix.
- Add vanilla, salt, cream, and sour cream and stir until combined.
- Divide filling into three even batches. Add an entire red gel food coloring packet to one bowl and an entire blue packet to another bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Pour blue layer into crust and spread evenly. Top with white layer. Carefully spoon the layer onto the blue layer so it doesn’t sink into it. Use a spatula or knife to carefully spread out the the layer. Repeat with the red layer.
- Bake the cake at 325 degrees F in a hot water bath for 80-90 minutes until the center of the cake is just set.
- Turn off oven, crack the door slightly, and let cake cool slowly for an hour.
- Transfer cake to fridge and let cool completely for 3-4 hours.
- Remove cake from pan, slice and serve. It helps to slice the cake with a warm knife so the red white and blue layers stay clean.
- Ingredients For Crust
- 2 Cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 Pinch salt
Ingredients For Filling
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Pinch salt
- 3/4 Cup sour cream
- 3/4 Cup heavy cream
- 3 Large eggs
- Red and blue gel food coloring