Learn how to create this easy going, slightly romantic style for the fall!
1. Part your hair down the middle or the side. Start by loosely curling it for more structure and messy look. Then you can usually use a bit of dry shampoo for volume on the roots without weighing the hair down.
2. Gather a large section of hair on one side. You can choose to leave some hair in the front to frame my face. Split the section in to two separate pieces.
3. Braid the section. You do a fishtail braid by separating the section in to two halves. Take a small piece of hair (small because this makes the fishtail more defined) from the outside of the first part and then pass it to the second part. Then take a piece from the second half and pass it to the first half. Set with a clear elastic.
4. Repeat on the other side.
5. Use a little bit of hair spray on each braid, just to keep everything secure. Keep some distance between your hair and the spray can, so it’s more like a mist.
6. Cross the braid behind your head. Either on the back of your head or slightly lower, at the beginning of your neck. Pin it in place (use a bobby pin in your hair color) and make sure to hide the tail under the rest of your hair.
7. Repeat on the other side.
8. Done! You might want to very subtly tease the rest of your wavy hair. I used some beach spray for extra texture at the bottom.
XOXO Mod girl Arlene!!